Kitchen Witch in Subiaco announced a new series of cooking classes featuring Fremantle Press author Emmanuel Mollois this week.
French chef Emmanuel will release his first book Et voilÃ? ! French pastries from Choux Café in September this year. But starting 7 May his students at Kitchen Witch will learn Emmanuel’s secrets to cooking delicious fish and seafood dishes as well as his scrumptious, to-die-for desserts and pastries.
Sea trout with roasted almonds and parsley coulis, lemon brulée tart with citrus sorbet and profiteroles with a light truffle cream are just some of the recipes Emmanuel intends to share.
Proprietors of Kitchen Witch, GeneviÃ¨ve and Alain Lapelerie, said they were excited by their growing relationship with Mollois and Choux Café.
“Emmanuel’s uncompromising selection of quality ingredients and unadulterated flavours touches a chord close to our hearts and promises to deliver an enchanting gustative adventure,” said Alain.
Originally from the Vendée region on the Atlantic coast, Emmanuel established himself as a chef in renowned Parisian restaurants like Pavillon Puebla and Petrus with Jacky Louazé and Rolland Cousin.
Since arriving in Australia 12 years ago he has been head pastry chef at Alain FabrÃ¨gues’ award-winning Loose Box restaurant in Mundaring and was proprietor of Le Paris-Brest PÃ¢tisserie FranÃ§aise in Kalamunda before opening Choux Café in Swanbourne.
Et voilÃ? ! will be launched in September 2009. Anyone who reserves a place in all five cooking classes at Kitchen Witch will receive a free copy of Et voilÃ? ! at their final class.
The author is available for interviews.
- For more information regarding Choux Café, please go to www.chouxcafe.com.au
- Cooking classes commence 7 May 2009 and will run until 20 August 2009
- Classes take place at Kitchen Witch, 500 Hay Street, Subiaco, and cost $80 per participant per class except for the final class on truffles, which will cost $110.
- Those who book all five classes will get a free copy of Et voilÃ? ! (RRP$45)
- Emmanuel Mollois is appearing at the 2009 Mundaring Truffle Festival on 8-9 August and at the UWA Extension on 12 May.