Fremantle Press is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, book-loving Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join its busy marketing team. This is a full-time role based in the port city of Fremantle, Western Australia, a place where great coffee and amazing cultural experiences are never more than a few hundred metres away.
Fremantle Press is a not-for-profit publishing company with a focus on identifying talented new Western Australian writers and artists and publishing their works for national and international audiences to enjoy. For more than 40 years we have launched the careers of writers – many now well-known like Kim Scott, Craig Silvey, Elizabeth Jolley and Sally Morgan. A Fortunate Life by AB Facey and My Place by Sally Morgan are considered Australian Classics.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will work on a number of titles each month with the aim of maximising opportunities to sell our books. The Coordinator is responsible for the production and distribution of sales support materials, data management, the creation of engaging online content and running the annual author event calendar. They present or pitch ideas and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders. The Coordinator also assists the marketing team to plan and implement events and promotional campaigns and undertakes general administration tasks as required.
The successful applicant will be looking to establish a career in the arts sector. The role will suit someone with a relevant university degree plus one to two years' experience in the pressured environment of marketing or communications who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is an advocate for Western Australian writers, so a passion for books is essential.
Essential selection criteria:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong grasp of online marketing and the ability to create innovative and inspiring content
- The ability to work to fixed deadlines and to juggle multiple tasks
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Above-average computer skills and the willingness to learn new technology
- The ability to build productive relationships with a range of contacts and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Australian literature and a broad general knowledge.
- Experience within the publishing, bookselling or arts sector
- Skills in design, photography, film or audio production and/or a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
The role involves some travel, weekend and evening work. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Fremantle Press is an equal opportunity employer.
Please supply a resume and cover letter of application with examples highlighting how you satisfy the criteria to the Marketing and Communications Manager, Claire Miller, email@example.com by Monday 13 January 2020.