Authors » Natasha Lester
A few years ago, Natasha gave up her job as a marketing executive for Maybelline cosmetics to return to university and study creative writing. She then completed a Master of Creative Arts as well as her first novel, What is Left Over, After, which won the 2008 T.A.G. Hungerford Award for Fiction. She was recently awarded a Fellowship at Varuna, The Writers’ Centre to work on her second novel, which she hopes to fit in around being a mother to three children. Her short stories and poems have been widely published in journals such as Overland, indigo journal and Wet Ink.
- Winner, Allen & Unwin Varuna Publisher Fellowship (2010)
- Winner, T.A.G. Hungerford Award (2008)
- Longlisted, The Australian / Vogel Award (2008)
- Finalist, Maj Monologue Competition (2008)
Books available from Fremantle Press
- If I Should Lose You 2012
- If I Should Lose You ebook 2012
- What is left over, after 2010
- What is left over, after ebook 2010
Whisky Charlie Foxtrot Reading
Annabel Smith’s Whisky Charlie Foxtrot was shortlisted for the 2013 Most Underrated Book Award (MUBA). The winner, Fish-Hair Woman was announced on Friday night. Here’s a reading Annabel prepared for her presentation at the Wheeler Centre award ceremony.