Authors » Goldie Goldbloom
Goldie Goldbloom’s short fiction has appeared in StoryQuarterly and Narrative and won the Jerusalem Post International Fiction Prize. Her stories have been translated into over ten languages, and are often reprinted and anthologised. The USA version of this novel; Toads’ Museum of Freaks and Wonders, won the Association of Writers and Writing Programs’(AWP) Novel Award in 2008 and as a result will be published in the USA in early 2010. Her non-fiction story ‘You Lose These’ is forthcoming in a Random House anthology that won the pre-publication Hadassah Brandeis Award.
She grew up in Western Australia and, even though she lives in Chicago with her eight children, has never given up her Australian citizenship.
- GLCA New Writers Award for Fiction (2011)
- Foreword Reviews’ Book of the Year, Literary Fiction (2011)
- Jerusalem Post International Fiction Prize
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs’(AWP) Novel Award, (2008)
- Hadassah Brandeis Award
Books available from Fremantle Press
- You Lose These + other stories 2011
- You Lose These + Other Stories ebook 2011
- The Paperbark Shoe 2010
- The Paperbark Shoe ebook 2009