Authors » Brian Simmonds
Brian Simmonds was born in Subiaco and worked for many years as a Lithographer in the Printing industry while studying art in the evenings. He has a Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art from Curtin University and worked for The Sunday Times, New Idea and an advertising agency before he became a professional artist in 1990. He has since earnt his living by painting popular portraits and busking as a portrait artist in galleries, hotel lobbies and even on a Mediteranean Cruise Ship. He has exhibited his work many times and won numerous prizes for drawing, oil painting and mixed media works. His work can be found in many private and public collections in Australia.
Artwork from Lighthouse Girl is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted, Children’s Book Council Crichton Award for Best New Illustrator (2009)
- Winner, First Prize for Drawing, City of Stirling Art Exhibition (1981)
- Winner, First Prize in Open Section, City of Stirling Art Exhibition (1983)
- Winner, First Prize in Open Section, City of Stirling Art Exhibition (1984)
- Winner, Drawing Section of the Williams Art Prize (1985)
- Winner, The Premier Award, 93rd Melville City Annual Awards (1993)
- Winner, Works on Paper Section, Melville City Annual Awards (1997)
- Winner, Works on Paper Popular Choice Award, Melville City Annual Awards (1999)
Books available from Fremantle Press
Whisky Charlie Foxtrot Reading
Annabel Smith’s Whisky Charlie Foxtrot was shortlisted for the 2013 Most Underrated Book Award (MUBA). The winner, Fish-Hair Woman was announced on Friday night. Here’s a reading Annabel prepared for her presentation at the Wheeler Centre award ceremony.